Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get ideas about making an amazing sandwich?
- Read culinary magazines.
- Experiment with family and friends.
- Get inspiration from your favorite ingredients.
- Check out other food sites online for unique ideas.
- Look to your favorite dishes for inspiration and why not make it into a sandwich?
- Remember the choice of bread can make all the difference!
- Be creative and have fun!!
How do I enter my sandwich recipe?
We have created an online submit form for you to fill in your sandwich recipe, add a tasty photo of your sandwich, and enter your contact details. Its that easy! Your sandwich recipe will then be considered for a future monthly sandwich contest.
Have you any tips on taking a great sandwich photo?
Here's our top tips that should help make your sandwich photo look appetizing.
- Use natural light to make your photos look fresh
- Reflect light using white card to get the perfect exposure
- Use neutral backgrounds to highlight the food
- Style your sandwiches for delicious looking results
- Tell a story with your photo to engage viewers
- Try to use a tripod
How do we select the wining sandwich each month?
All submitted sandwich recipes are judged in two parts.
Part One (selected for our website).
Each month four sandwich recipe finalists will be selected and published on our website as the "Share Your Sandwich™ Monthly Contest". These four finalists will be selected based on the following judging criteria:
- Originality (25%),
- Creative name for sandwich (25%),
- Photographic appeal (25%),
- Practicality (25%)
Part Two (The preparation and taste test). All four finalist sandwiches will be prepared for sampling by our judging panel and evaluated based on the following judging criteria:
- Creative use of ingredients (25%),
- Ease in preparation (25%),
- Taste (50%),
What rules are there around sandwich recipe submissions?
Each submission must include an original sandwich recipe and photo. It must also not have been published previously, and must not infringe third-party rights.
Sandwich recipes found not to be original will be removed from the site. There is no limit to the amount of sandwich recipes a person can submit through the website.
Sandwiches can include any combination of ingredients and must be served on bread products such as rolls, buns, wraps, biscuits, sliced bread, focaccia, etc.
Are hot dog and hamburger recipes eligible?
Technically speaking both hot dog and hamburger recipes are sandwiches. We believe they are in a category by themselves so we are excluding hamburger and hot dog recipes (frankfurter’s) from the website. But if you have a creative sausage sandwich recipe (anything but a frankfurter), we'd love to see it!!